Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Power of the Heart

I did not know what I was going to write about this month and when I sat down to write, I connected up to God and asked, “What shall I write this month?” The answer came through my hands....The Power of the Heart! Sometimes the messages we receive from Spirit are surprising! Sometimes I wonder (before I ask), “Do I really want to know?” That is a powerful question, “Do I really want to know what is being required of me?” For usually , it means I have to call upon some aspect of my Divinity that I am not sure I can count on, so my faith is being tested. Other times, I must take responsibility for an aspect of me that is wounded and needs healing. Most of the time, I must give up victimization and live the grander expression of who I am!


So this month as I asked I was surprised as to what the topic is! I am sure that I will be as surprised at the end, as my fingers fly over the keyboard pecking out what my higher self will bring forth, what my reply will be!


It dawns on me that we has humans all have one thing in common....and that is heart energy. None of us have the same mental capabilities, life-experiences, DNA--genetic wiring, cultural experience, religious /spiritual background and experience with Source, etc. But everyone of us, has experience heart-energy...We know what it FEELS like to receive love and what it is like to be denied love. New born babies will not thrive, much less survive without genuine connection through touch giving heart energy!


Just like a new born baby, I notice how my body craves touch and intimacy through true touch. Touch that communicates you matter....I feel you...You are real...You exist. Touch, like a sacred caress, is life affirming. So how do we connect fully with another in a loving way?


True connection, through the heart and extending it to yourself or another, is what we all came into our bodies for in this (and every lifetime.) This energy is what helps us thrive, what supports us, what motivates us. When we hold back giving and sacredly sharing this energy we deny ourselves the very thing we came to experience---the life giving joy and sacredness of our God-self expressing!


Do you get it? We love our selves when we love others! I don’t mean love the feeling---I mean love the heart energy! Practice....feel your heart---imagine the warmth of the energy there. Allow the color to be pink and feel that warmth of pink light grow into a ball! Allow that pink light to expand and fill your chest. As it grows, simply use it now as a beacon of light and direct it at someone or an animal close by. Watch how (without using any words at all) that living expression of God responds to your love energy! This energetic exchange is simply you blessing another sacred being. You are giving life affirming energy to this being!


Practice sending love to the grocery clerk, the postman, the next person that calls you, watch how people are attracted to you! The sacredness of our heart energy is to be shared with everyone. It is God expressing through you as you! The amount of love you have pouring forth to you is in direct proportion to the amount of love you extend to others.


Is there a difficult situation in our life? A relationship that is not working well? What if you sent love to that situation or that person? What if you were in the middle of a stressful conversation and you just sent heart energy to both you and the other person right then and there? What if you needed to communicate something that would be difficult to share or something that would be difficult for the other to hear? Try surrounding you both with loving heart energy and then speaking your truth!


Give yourself a blessing this month! Try sitting in silence and looking into the eyes of your beloved! (Even if your beloved is you---use a mirror.) Gaze without speaking, into each other’s eyes. Let the emotions well up inside you and express themselves. If you feel tenderness---allow yourself to fully experience it! If you feel anger or sadness, stay with it and hold your gaze....feel what you feel and allow it to move through you. Don’t feel the need to rescue one another. Just hold the space for this honest exchange of energy to occur.


I am sending you heart love---feel free to drink it in! Know you are loved and supported on your sacred journey!

No comments: