Thursday, June 26, 2008

Enthusiasm

Okay---Mandy has decided she is my fitness coach! What a blessing and a curse!

The blessing is that she is enthusiastic and she is my voice of accountability....
The curse is that she is enthusiastic and she is my voice of accountability....

She is my daughter and I don't want to disappoint her and I even want to encourage her! Yet this exercise routine is not FUN to me! Yet she is having fun! She has enough enthusiasm for us both right now! Thank goodness---or I would have quit by now!

Sunday we sat down and planned out the exercise routine! Me oh my---she is requiring that I stick to it. I want her to be proud of me...I do feel better. When I don't want to do it, I do it for her!...Eventually (I pray) I do it for me!

I appreciate her praise! I appreciate the fun she is having. I appreciate that I am NOT having fun...and even allow myself to have fun occasionally! Today we were doing a yoga CD and I was pitiful because I cannot put much weight on my wrist...Instead of downward dog...I looked like upward snake! So Mandy (in her infinite wisdom) decided to make up her own yoga poses! And guess what? They were amazing! She had the breath techniques worked out on each one...Then we added some empowering sounds and I actually laughed and enjoyed it!

I gratefully appreciate her enthusiasm, her love, her assistance....Even if we both have to deal with my resistance at times! She even tells me I look thinner (See how she praises me!) I am only sad that the only thing I can tell that is smaller are the "twins"---if you know what I mean!

No comments: