Friday, January 9, 2009

Create the New Year ----intentionally!

You may not know this, but New Year's is my FAVORITE holiday. I know it is crazy, but I love it! The new energy that pours forth is like a blanket of fresh fallen snow...It is a fresh beginning.

I like endings and new beginnings. When I was a teacher I often thought how blessed I was to get so many fresh starts each year. I saw the dynamics of how we often rest on our laurels when beginning something new and then dig holes for ourselves to get out of! I saw rescuers jumping into save those drowning in their poor choices. I saw the self-righteous who refused to bend and meet someone half-way. I watched those feeling overwhelmed by the circumstances they had created one to many times.

I saw the way people compensate for their short-coming. I saw the poor coping strategies many of us had developed. I watched how we are all capable of developing better strategies to deal w/ the situations that we create!

I saw how friends can turn-on one another...I saw the dedication of truly committed friends/family to one another. I saw support in motion....

I saw those that made each moment counted and followed through consistently on commitments. I saw the stress of those choices and the rewards.

I saw myself in each person, in each scenario, in each choice.

All I know for myself....the energy is like a fresh snow----the question is, "What will you do with it?" It is your choice!

I say---Don't walk---RUN! PLAY! Do what you love! We only have one chance! Take yours this new year!

No comments: